Who should attend?
- Our workshops are for photographers who prefer hands-on with most of our instruction in the field. Opportunities for group discussions, questions and answers, critiquing and other classroom instruction will be available during down times.
- Designed toward amateur nature photographers with beginner to advanced skill levels. Small group size to allow for individual attention to participants. It is important for participants to be familiar with their equipment and its operation. BRING YOUR CAMERA MANUAL!
- Designed toward DSLR and SLR format cameras
- People who enjoy spending time with others with same passion
- People who wish to photograph beautiful scenery and take their photography to another level.
- If you are comfortable with your photographic knowledge and just want to attend our workshop so we can have you “in the right place at the right time,” we got you covered!
- Creative composition
- Equipment use and maintenance
- Depth of field
- Aperture/shutter speed
- Effective tripod use
- Basic Photoshop adjustments: curves, levels, hue/saturation, color balance, sharpening
- Each workshop will have its particular focus and will be discussed in the details of that workshop
- And more…..
What makes our workshops different?
- Instruction is mainly in the field. We want you to leave not only having an increased knowledge of photography but leave having the pictures to show it.
- We try to tailor our instruction to the individual/group. Upon registering, you will fill out information for us to get to know you. If we see a trend in the topics people hope to learn, then we will design the workshop to spend time on those topics.
- We research and visit our workshop locations numerous times before leading a workshop. Knowing the region is a key aspect for both your learning experience and to take away beautiful images. We do all the leg work for you!!! We research, scout and know exactly where to take you at exactly the right time.
- We are available after your workshop to answer any questions you have once you return home!
- Ernie and Angie are both certified by the WV Department of Natural Resources as Master Naturalist for the state of West Virginia. Not only will you learn how to shoot flora and fauna but you will learn about them too!
- We do not list and follow strict daily itineraries. Our timing and daily schedule are flexible to maximize photo opportunities.
- We shoot right along with you….but in a limited capacity. We use our time shooting as field demonstrations that help to reinforce lecture topics and help expand your creative vision.
- We give discounts to repeat customers!
Tuition Costs Include:
- All lectures
- Field demonstrations
- PDF of class notes
- Critiques of 3-4 digital images
- Any permit fees and/or park entrance fees
Unless specified, Food, Lodging and transportation are not included. This allows for flexibility and keeps cost of workshop to a minimum while giving the participant the maximum freedom with meals and lodging. We will post lodging recommendations. We will be car pooling during workshops as parking at certain shooting locations is limited. If you would like to share lodging costs with another participant, contact us and we will try to make this happen.
Wonder Of It All Photography(hereby known as WOIAP) quotes all fees in US dollars and must be received as such. A 50% deposit is required at time of registration. The balance is due 30 days prior to the event. Failure to pay balance before 30 days of event may subject participants spot to cancellation. When bookings are made less than 30 days prior to date of event or for events such as One day workshops for which fees are less than $200, full payment is required at time of registration. If initial deposit is made by credit card, your card will be automatically charged for the balance 30 days before the event. We will notify you via email prior to processing of final payment.
We encourage you to make your lodging reservations as soon as you receive confirmation of your registration. We make every effort to acquire a block of rooms and special rates. Unsold rooms are released 30 days prior to events. Special room rates/discounts will be listed with each individual workshop. Workshop tuition will not be refunded if participant fails to make lodging reservations. Non-participants can attend most workshops at a reduced fee. They cannot be photographers or take photos during the workshop. Check the workshop page to see if an additional fee is required.
Methods of Registration:
Online: each event has convenient and secure online payment and registration
Phone: Angie Page at 304-541-4315 Monday – Friday
Mail: Wonder Of It All Photography
c/o Ernie and Angie Page
Rt 3 Box 186 Spite Road Hurricane, WV 25526
Participants needing to cancel must send email correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org . A confirmation receipt will follow via email. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt in a reasonable amount of time, please call or email to inquire. If you cancel 60 days or more before the event, we will refund your deposit less a 10% handling charge (You can save the handling charge by applying the event fee to a future event the same year or the following year provided spots are still available). If you cancel any time after the 60 day period before the event start date, we will refund your deposit if we can fill your spot otherwise event fee is forfeited.
If WOIAP has to cancel or alter an event as scheduled, we will notify participants immediately. If a cancellation should prove necessary, WOIAP will refund participants all payments/fees in full. WOIAP is not responsible for any other costs which participants have incurred such as but not limited to travel, car rental, lodging, insurance or photographic rentals.
Travel Insurance and refundable airline tickets are highly recommended in the event a participant is unable to attend or event cancellation. The insurance is entirely at the discretion and expense of the participant.